|Changes to Kyboma FindNShow - General Notes|
Changes to Kyboma FindNShow - General Notes
This is a complete List of Changes for each new version.
One of the objects of Kyboma is to create a *stable* and *consistent* user interface. Once you learn how to do what you want with Kyboma you will be able to use the same method under any Windows version and at all future Kyboma versions. This applies in particular to Keyboard shortcuts and menu shortcut keys.
If (exceptionally) changes are made to any documented feature, an option will be offered to keep the old behaviour. Details of such options are shown for each version with title "Backward compatibility:"
Version 1.1 - FindNshow
Kyboma Version 1.1. (released April 2002)
Original version Kyboma.
|Version 1.2 - FindNshow and Example Extractor|
Version 1.2 - FindNshow and Example Extractor
Kyboma Version 1.2. (released Sept 2002)
(Unfixed) Known Problems
- Kyboma Version Example Extractor has been added.
- Tips have been added. They can [optionally] be shown at startup. They can always be shown by selecting the option from the help menu.
- Keys S, M, A will refresh the file list as well as changing the appropriate option (include subdirs/multi directories/all file types).
When use "Initialise keys" from Edit/Options and press the button to include extra single keys, keys S, M, A will be added as before. However their definition will include refresh. Use Ctrl+ S, M, A to change the option without refresh (as before).
Backward compatibility: Install Kyboma Fns 1.1 to a temp directory and copy the version of xsingkey.ini in sub directory param that is created to the subdirectory param of the directory in which you installed Kyboma 1.2.
To obtain an exe to do this automatically please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Kyboma will switch automatically to list single/multi directories when keep Ctrl/Shift+Ctrl pressed and Double click a directory in the directory tree. This has been changed to be consistent with Ctrl+F5 or Shift+Ctrl+F5.
Ctrl+double click will UNcheck the Multiple directory Selection and list the single directory selected.
Shift+Ctrl+double click will Check the Multiple directory Selection and add the directory selected to the list of directories to list.
Ctrl+/Shift+Ctrl+ Enter or the double click key [Usually Z] will have the same effect.
Backward compatibility: Set SeldirDblClk=0 in section [OldVersion] of Kyboma.ini and old behaviour will be used:
- shift+ctrl+dblclk on single list=no change to Multiple directory Selection, Just refresh single list (for dir selected)
- ctrl+dblclk on multi list=no change to Multiple directory Selection, Just refresh multi list (Add dir selected to dirs listed) 
- A sort button has been added to the list of all keys shown when select "List All keys." from Help/Keys.
A Button is available to Sort By Key (with blank line between each keys and Alt-Shift-Ctrl options combined) when sorted by Function. A Button is available to Sort by function when any other sequence. The list can also (still) be sorted using the x key on any column as for most message boxes. 
- Help display has been changed to allow specification of any browser using option Edit/Define/Special Links. Help can now be displayed using Netscape/Opera or any other browser.
Setup will automatically determine the default browser and use that browser to display Kyboma Help.
IE can be used in a special window without menu/toolbars etc and which will be closed when Kyboma is ended by specifying exe name "LinkedIE". This will work in the same way as for Kyboma 1.1 except that the Escape key will no longer work to return to the Kyboma file list screen. This function had problems if help for multiple instances was displayed. It will be restored with all problems fixed at a later version of Kyboma. 
- Increases in font size used for all message boxes/option screen and status bar will only affect the status dropdown on the status bar when the fontsize is at most 18. A higher fontsize will cause the status dropdown to be shown with fontsize 18. 
- When focus is on any part of the status bar (Click on stop/start/dropdownbox of status combo) then the TAB key will tab *ONLY* through buttons/dropdown selection lists (elements/attributes) that are shown if the window is an example extractor window.
The escape key can always be used to move focus to the File List screen and thus cause tab to move through sections on the file list screen. Previous behaviour was inconsistent. 
- When focus is on any part of the status bar (stop/start/status) or any of the buttons for an example extractor window, the Esc key will move the focus to the current section of the File List screen.
In general Esc will always move the focus to the current section of the File List screen.
One exception is when focus is on any edit control (textbox or combobox with edit part). For an edit control (E.g. select element/attribute for an example extractor window.) the escape key will have the standard effect for that control - a combo box that is dropped will be contracted. The context menu for an edit control will be hidden when shown. 
- Edit/Define/Action and File/Associate - When choose special action, there is an extra option to Open-Print-Explore using windows association. See Associate on the File menu of the File List screen. 
- Seperation bars have a new smoother look.
- The progress Indicator in the status bar shows the dark green Kyboma splash image when Kyboma is not busy.When any action is started the progress indicator will change to grey and the progress shown if available.
- Major Bugs
- Supplied Kyboma association for files of type LNK did not work.
Get Around: Change the association using File/Associate, press button "Specify Files to pass" and select single file. 
- If any directory with more than 2G free space is refreshed, Kyboma gives Error (#6).
Get Around: There is no get-around for this problem. Install Kyboma 1.2 or restrict use to drives with less than 2G free space. If that is only window/drive, you will be unable to start Kyboma. 
- If choose to do the default action for several selected files but those action(s) give errors, the options to cancel/stop were not working correctly. Fixed.
- F1 or Help/Keys - "Hide Unavail" does not work correctly. Fixed. 
- Enter/dblclick on top All Disks entry of dir list will no longer contract the list of drives. 
- When select Window / Window Type "File Manager Multi/Find" was shown as File Manager rather than File Manager Multi. This is fixed so that "File Manager Multi" is shown select whenever Multiple Dir on the Select menu is checked. 
- When you click on dropdownbox of status combo AND the current section on file list screen is the dir tree/file list, up/dn keys will move up/dn the dir tree/file list. FIXED so that moves up/dn combo. 
- When press esc on dropped status list will set focus to dir tree if exists or file list otherwise. FIXED to sets focus back to current section on file list (where it was before). 
- Edit/Define Keys/Action menu Items (setup wizard) - If increase fontsize, lose buttons off bottom screen (2a/others). FIXED. 
- F1 or Help/Keys does not work when focus is on status combo. FIXED. 
- Focus problems when use View/Text to show directory tree. FIXED. Focus now restored correctly 
- Windows XP / Windows 2000 only. When select Size (etc.) on the View menu to sort file list and then display the view menu, Size will not be checked until the second time the view menu is checked. Also after changing from one File List window to another with a differrent sort sequence, the correct item on the View wmenu will only be checked the second time it is displayed. FIXED. 
- When Use Date, Time, Size format from select menu and change both date AND size format. sizes on current data in file list will be changed incorrectly. FIXED. 
- Association or action definition that uses %s instead of %S in exe line or DDE definition did not work. FIXED 
- If attempt to delete a directory with multiple sub-directories, Windows gives an error when try to delete some of the directories. This is a Windows 2000 (and XP?) problem/inconsistecy . Problem in Kyboma Fixed, all directories will now be deleted correctly.
Consistency or aesthetic problems only/missing keyboard shortcuts
- When the current section is the text section -esp when part is selected- and press C or F (or -any-) key, the text used to flash as the selected text was replaced and then restored. Fixed/Improved - The text will no longer flash. 
- Edit/Options/Initialise Keys. Added shortcut key N for "No" (extra keys) 
(Unfixed) Known Problems
- If have selected text using the up arrow key so the caret is at the start of the selected text and press ctrl+H, the windows will be tiled and the selected text retained BUT the caret will now be at the end of the selection. I.e. using up arrow will remove the last selected line from the selected text. 
- A complex find criteria (exclude value) containing character [ will not be processed correctly.